SDI Riva Star
Riva Star is an effective biofilm inhibitor.This is supported by study results from Otago University (NZ), that Riva Star has a higher inhibition zone against four bacterial species compared to sodium hypochlorite.Two years and beyond desensitising effect
Clinical studies support the immediate effect of Riva Star and its long term effect of over two years .
Riva Star is essential for clinicians practising Minimally Invasive Dentistry (MID)1-3,5. It conditions dentine and may assist tooth preservation.
Increasing bond strengths of GICs
Pre-treating tooth surfaces with Riva Star is a great way to enhance bonding of glass ionomers to dentine
Unlike other silver fl uoride systems, Riva Star’s two step patented procedure minimises the risk of staining. By applying the potassium iodide solution over the silver fl uoride, a silver iodide creamy white precipitate is formed and washed off.
Riva Star is a new generation desensitiser that immediately relieves tooth sensitivity.
- Desensitising cervical tooth hypersensitivity
- Cavity Cleansing
Do not desensitise teeth with carious lesions
Do not use on patients undergoing thyroid gland therapy, who have a history of chemical allergies such as silver, fluoride, potassium, iodine, ammonia and methacrylates. Note: If in doubt, consult a doctor or an allergy specialist before use.
- For professional use only
- Do not repeat treatment on pregnant or lactating women
- Due to potential staining, it is recommended that anterior teeth not be treated unless diagnosing for caries
- Patient must be informed of potential staining prior to treatment
- When used as a desensitizer apply Gingival Barrier before applying Step 1 to avoid soft tissue burnAvoid contact of solution from silver capsule (Step 1) with oral tissue, eyes and skin. • Avoid contact of solution from green capsule (Step 2) with eyes
- Do not desensitise teeth with carious lesions, unless a glass ionomer is used to cover over the treatment site
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not ingest
- Solution from silver capsule (Step 1) will stain (see “HANDLING STAINS”)
- Wear gloves and eye protection when handling
- Single use only
- Do not use after expiry date
- Caution: Federal Law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a dentist
- Solution from silver capsule (Step 1) contains 0.06g / mL fluoride ions
- Not to be used with resin based composite restorative material
- SDS is available at www.sdi.com.au or contact your SDI representative.
STORAGE AND HANDLING:
- Do not pierce foil of silver capsule or green capsule until ready to use
- Store in a cool and dark place at temperatures between 2° and 8°C (35° - 45°F)
- Use at room temperature between 20° and 25°C (68° - 77°F
Riva star kit contains
- 10 x Riva silver capsules
- 10 x Riva green capsules
- 2 x Gingival barrier