SDI riva silver
High fluoride release
Riva Silver’s free movement of fluoride provides benefits to surrounding and adjacent tooth surfaces. Fluoride is held within the glass matrix without being bound by the structure. If the level outside the matrix is lower, then fluoride ions are released. Conversely, if the fluoride level is higher (eg. from topical fluoride) then fluoride will recharge the glass ionomer matrix. Riva Silver has the ability to be recharged with fluoride from external sources, providing long term protection against recurrent carries. Riva Silver is great for treating high caries-risk patients as part of an overall treatment plan for maximum care.
Riva Silver’s condensable nature allows the operator to quickly and easily place the restoration. Riva Silver can be packed using an amalgam condenser.
Perfect for non-compliant patients
Riva Silver is the ideal restorative in situations where patient compliance and moisture control are difficult. Riva Silver is extremely easy and quick to use
The light grey colour of Riva Silver requires minimal masking when used under aesthetic restorations
Great for core buildups
Before After Riva Silver is an excellent material for core buildups. Its high early compressive and bond strength properties ensure favourable core buildup conditions
The addition of metal particles into the cement substantially increases radiopacity. Riva Silver is easily differentiated on radiographs from that of tooth structure allowing easy diagnosis of early lesions.
No additional mixing step
The benefits of using Riva Silver capsules are obvious. However, if using the powder / liquid system, no separate adding and mixing of alloy into the powder is required. The alloy component of Riva Silver is pre-mixed into the powder bottle.
Riva Silver is the ideal radiopaque, silver-alloy-reinforced glass ionomer S restorative material. With excellent tooth adhesion, sustained fluoride release and high compressive strength, Riva Silver is useful for a wide range of restorative applications. Shade: light grey.
- Small class I and II restorations
- Deciduous teeth restorations
- Geriatric restorations
- Intermediate restoratives and base material for class I and II cavities using the sandwich technique
- Class V restorations in non-aesthetic situations
- Core buildups. - Temporary fillings
- Restorations where radiopacity is desirable
- Restorative in the field using the ART technique
- Temporary endodontic fillings.
- Pulp capping
- Product may cause skin irritations to some people. In such cases, discontinue use and seek medical attention.
Compressive Strength:134 MPa
Working time: 1.5mins
Initial setting time: 3.5mins
Finishing time: 1min
STORAGE AND HANDLING
- Do not remove Riva Silver capsules from their foil packets until ready to use
- Store at temperatures between 4°C - 20°C (39°F - 68°F) for capsules and 4°C - 30°C (39°F - 86°F) for powder/liquid kits
- Use at room temperature between 20˚C and 25˚C (68F˚ - 77˚F).
- For professional use only.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not use after expiry date
- Do not mix powder or liquid with any other brand of glass ionomer products
SDI Riva Silver Capsules:
- 50 x Riva Silver Capsules
SDI Riva Silver Powder & Liquid Kit:
- 1 x 10g (8.9mL) Riva Silver Liquid Bottle
- 1 x 32g Riva Silver Powder jar