safe endo lodocure
SafeEndo IodoCure calcium Hydroxide paste with iodoform (Radiopaque), used as temporary or permanent root filling material.
Calcium hydroxide with Iodoform is used for stimulating the healing process. This paste is packaged in a convenient syringe to eliminate messy mixing.
The action of calcium hydroxide is achieved through the ionic dissociation of Ca(2+) and OH(-) ions and their effect on vital tissues, the induction of hard-tissue deposition, and the antibacterial properties.
Iodoform has been added to Ca(OH)2 due to its antibacterial effect, healing properties, and ability to be resorbed when in excess .
- Strong antiseptic properties (contains iodoform)
- High pH value (12.8),provides fast,continuous and durable bactericidal effect during treatment of infected canals,and in periapical area (99% of bacteria are killed within 48 hours after root canal filling with the paste)
- Paste is easily removed from canals if necessary
- Stimulates hard tissues formation in apex
- Syringe with reinforced plunger,convenient to hold in hand, Luer-Lock cap
- Ultra-thin dispensing tips (0.52 mm with a hole size 22) allow to apply paste directly into canals
INDICATIONS : Paste is used as temporary filling of tooth root canals during staged treatment and as permanent filling of tooth root canals at the final stage of the treatment.
Paste IodoCure is used for :
- Treatment of acute and chronic forms of periodontitis
- Treatment of pulpitis, granulomatous periodontitis and granulating periodontitis
- For Apexification during treatment of tooth root canals with open apex in periodontitis
- Treatment of cystic lesion and chronic granuloma
- In case of root perforation and root resorption
- As permanent filling material for infected root canals after its treatment
- As permanent filling material for milk teeth
- Paste has a strong bactericidal effect.
- Iodoform provides prolonged antimicrobic effect in root canal microflora. When in contact with tissues iodoform undergoes gradual decomposition evolving free iodine.
- Hydrophobical paste-forming component provides paste’s fluidity and plasticity,
ensures hermetic sealing of root canal, protects soft tissues when inserting paste out of the
- Calcium containing filler stimulates hard tissues formation at the apex level, provides alkaline (pH 12,8) antimicrobial medium and gradual paste hardening under the influence of in-thecanal moisture.
- Paste hardens in canal under the influence of in-the-canal moisture within 1-3 months.
- During hardening and after it the material can be easily removed out of the canal.
- Being out of apex in soft tissues paste reabsorbs.
- When filling of milk teeth paste reabsorbs as quickly as tooth resorption is held.
- Paste can be applied with gutta-percha or polypropylene points.
- IodoCure does not prevent from formation and developing of dental bud
- In order to avoid tooth crown coloring do not fill whole pulp cavity with the paste
- Calcium containing filler
- Hydrophobical paste-forming component
- Store at the temperature from 5°C to 25°C
- Do not use after expiry date
- 2 x IodoCure syringe (2 gm)
DIRECTION TO USE
- Put a tip on the syringe before use.
- Prepare root canal using liquid for widening, antiseptic treatment and dehydrating liquids.
- For treatment insert a tip into the canal and without too much pressure on syringe plunger fill the upper part of the canal with material, isolate with cotton swab and fill the cavity with temporary filling material (SmartTemp, SafeEndo.), without compression.
- Paste can stay in the cavity from 7-8 days to 1 month under care of the specialist. During follow up, in case of improvement, paste can be removed out of the canal.
- Clean the canal and using new tip, root needle or root canal filling instrument fill the canal with fresh portion of IodoCure paste, isolate with cavity liner and make the restoration of tooth crown.
- For filling insert paste IodoCure into prepared canal, closer to apex, with the use of syringe with tip.
- After applying of cavity liner make the restoration of tooth crown.
For treatment of milk teeth remove carious dentine and necrotizing tissues first, then fill the canal with hardening paste IodoCure, isolate with temporary filling.
- During follow up extract upper part of temporary filling and fill the cavity