Prevest Mta Plus
MTA Plus is a specialized dental cement based on Di and Tri-Calcium Silicate, derived from advanced material research in inorganic hydraulic powder technology. MTA Plus is indicated for both vital pulp therapy and Endodontics procedures.
INDICATIONS:Dental procedures contacting vital pulp tissue such as:
- Pulp capping
- Cavity lining
Dental procedures contacting the periradicular tissues such as:
- Root-end fillings
- Perforation repair
- Root resorption
- Obturation (pulpectomy)
- Hypersensitivity against caustic (high pH) solutions.
- AVOID contact of unset mixed paste with skin or oral mucosa. After incidental contact, wash and rinse with water.
- Wear suitable gloves and protective glasses during use.
- MTA Plus™ powder and gel must be kept well sealed.
- PROTECT the powder from humidity. Close the container.
- DO NOT contaminate the powder with an unclean or moist instrument.
- DO NOT overfill the root canals when obturating or sealing.
- Reversible acute inflammation of the oral mucosa if contacted with the unset paste.
INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER DENTAL MATERIALS:
- None known.
- Store at room temperature (25°C/75°F); do not refrigerate. Keep bottles tightly closed. Moisture will reduce the shelf life of the powder.
Dosage and Mixing:
- Dispense 1 scoop of MTA Plus™ powder on a glass slab or a non-absorbent pad.
- Dispense one small drop of MTA Plus Gel, OR some of the MTA Plus Liquid from 1 ampoule next to the powder. NOTE: The gel imparts washout resistance (for easier rinsing) and faster setting, which the Liquid does not. NOTE: MTA Plus Liquid ampoules are larger than unit-dose size.
- Gradually mix the liquid or gel into the powder until the desired putty-like consistency is obtained. For some procedures, a thinner, syrupy, stringy consistency may be desired. Thoroughly mix to hydrate the powder.
- If the material is not to be used immediately, cover the mixed material with a moist gauze sponge (use sterile water), or a clean cover to prevent evaporation. Extra gel or MTA Plus liquid may be used to rewet the powder before it sets.