Pd Pulpotec (15 Gm Powder + 15 Ml Liquid)
Pulpotec is a medicament for long term treatment of pulpitis, by pulpotomy, of vital molars, both permanent and deciduous. This treatment is both simple and rapid.
Pulpotec is a ﬁlling paste for simple, rapid and long term treatment by pulpotomy of vital molars, both perma nent and deciduous. The addition of pharmacological cons tituents ensures an aseptic treatment, induces cicatrization of the pulpal stump at the chamber-canal interface, whilst maintaining the structure of the underlying pulp. The efﬁciency and the properties of Pulpotec are substantiated by a radiographic ﬁle compiled on the basis of results of over 300 pulpotomies performed with Pulpotec and monitored for periods of 3 to 13 years
Powder : Polyoxymethylene, Iodoform, excipient
Liquid : Dexamethasone Acetate, Formaldehyde, Phenol, Guaiacol , excipient
- Pulpitis on permanent vital molars
- Pulpitis on deciduous molars
- Pulpitis on immature but permanent vital molars, enabling a complete radicular restoration of the tooth
- Infected deciduous molars in pedodontics (the only exception to the rule of a treatment on vital teeth)
- Treatment of molars suffering calcified root-canal to bring about complete clinical recovery of the tooth
Avoid all contact between Pulpotec and the soft tissues. If necessary, rinse thoroughly with water. Contains Polyoxymethylene and Formaldehyde. Toxic by inhalation and ingestion. May cause irritation, burns or hy persensitization if in direct contact with the skin. In case of direct contact with the eyes, rinse liberally with running water and consult a physician.
Store at room temperature between 5° and 30°C, protected from direct light
In most cases, Pulpotec treatment is practically painless. Rare exceptions where pain has continued until the second session have, however, been recorded. 3 typical cases have been determined:
- Pain of medium intensity which has lasted until the second session. To remedy this, all traces of Pulpotec should be removed after de-obturation and a fresh dose of the product should then be inserted and covered with a tem porary dressing.
- Persistent pain of arthritic type. This will disappear after anti-inﬂammatory treatment.
- In approximately 1 case per 1000, acute pain could be caused by:
treating a tooth which is not vital
an undiagnosed coronal fracture or perforation of the cavity ﬂoor
In this case, after de-obturation, a new diagnosis should be made and treated accordingly either by pulpectomy or, where necessary, by extraction.
- 1 x 15 g Powder
- 1 x 15 ml Liquid