Ivoclar MultiCore Flow Refill
MultiCore Flow is a dual-curing, fluoride-containing, radiopaque composite for core build-ups. It cures chemically without the use of light. Light-curing is optional. MultiCore Flow is available in a double-barrel cartridge or a double-push syringe with automixing tips for fabricating core build-ups using matrices.
The self-curing MultiCore core build-up composite, which may be optionally light cured, brings flexibility to your dental practice.
Two techniques, two curing methods and four shades provide an optimum foundation for the reconstruction of vital and non-vital teeth with part or most of the clinical crown missing.
- The monomer matrix consists of dimethacrylate (29 wt %)
- The inorganic fillers are barium glass, ytterbiumtrifluoride, Ba-Al-fluorosilicate glass and highly dispersed silicon dioxide (70 wt %)
- Additional contents are catalysts, stabilizers and pigments (1 wt %). The total content of inorganic fillers is 46 vol %. The particle size ranges from 0.04 to 25 µm
- Core build-up in vital and non-vital teeth
- MultiCore Flow can also be used for the adhesive cementation of glass-fibre reinforced root posts, e.g. FRC Postec Plus.
Working time: 90 to 120 s (at 37°C/98.6°F)
Mixing ratio: The base and catalyst pastes of MultiCore Flow are mixed at a ratio of 1:1.
MultiCore Flow is mixed by pressing the pastes through the static mixing tip
- Substances containing eugenol/oil of cloves may inhibit the polymerization of composite materials. Consequently, application of such materials together with MultiCore Flow must be avoided
- MultiCore Flow should be at room temperature when processed. At lower temperatures (e.g. immediately after removal from the refrigerator) it may be difficult to extrude the material.