ivoclar liquid strip refill 1 x 2.5gm
- To prevent the oxygen-inhibited layer of composites
- In composite or ceramic restorations
- Try-in paste
- Protects the etching pattern of lab-fabricated all-ceramic restorations
Glycerine gel to prevent the oxygen-inhibited layer of composites with composite or ceramic restorations.
- 1. Try-in paste: Try-in for composite and ceramic restorations
The glycerine gel can be used to fill the cement gap during the try-in and thus simulate the influence of the bonding composite on shading. This permits realistic evaluation of the restoration’s shading. For an even more accurate simulation of the Variolink®II luting composite system, shaded glycerine pastes (Variolink II Try-In pastes) are also available.
- 2. Prevention of oxygen inhibition during polymerization
Composites are subject to oxygen inhibition, i.e. the surface layer of the composite that is not covered with a matrix and comes in contact with oxygen during polymerization is not polymerized (approx. 50 µm). If this layer is covered with Liquid Strip and thus protected from oxygen, the composite is thoroughly polymerized.
Storage conditions: room temperature (2–28 °C / 54–82 °F)
- 1 x 2.5gm Refill