Dentsply Intermediate Restorative Material (IRM)
Save Liquid error (product-badge line 32): Computation results in '-Infinity'%
- IRM Intermediate Restorative material is designed for intermediate restorations intended to remain in place for up to one year.
- Among the many other applications are emergency placement prior to complete treatment, endo access openings, pedo teeth that will soon exfoliate, and caries management programs.
- Its strength properties approach those of zinc phosphate cement.
- This material is available in an ivory shade via capsule or a powder liquid hand-mix delivery.
- It is an intermediate restorative material. In a clinical study, it was compared to other ZOE (Zinc Oxide- Eugenol) compositions and an EBA (Eugenol and o-ethoxybenzoic acid) formulation. Result: it was judged superior for both Class I and II restorations ( at one and two-year observations).
- Among the many applications are restoration of deciduous teeth (when permanent teeth are two years or less from eruption); restorative emergencies; caries management programs; dental school clinics and public health dental programs.
- It is used as a base under cements and restorative materials that do not contain resin components, such as amalgams, and inlays and Onlays.
- Patients who have a known hypersensitivity or severe allergic reaction to eugenol, or any other components.
- Direct pulp capping
- Base under resin-containing adhesives, restoratives or cements.
- The eugenol content in the polymer-reinforced zinc oxide-eugenol composition gives the material sedative-like qualities on hypersensitive tooth pulp and is a good thermal insulator as well.
- Other physical-related clinical advantages include excellent abrasion resistance, good sealing properties and low solubility.
- 1 x Powder Bottle (38g)
- 1 x Liquid Bottle (14mL)