AMMDENT EASY STAT
Easy Stat is a 20% Ferric sulfate Haemostatic Gel which stops excessive bleeding quickly while remaining gentle to tissues. Hemostatic action of FS is due to the agglutination of blood proteins resulting from the reaction of blood with ferric and sulfate ions in acidic pH. The agglutinated proteins form plugs that occlude the capillary orifices.
- As a medicament in Pulpotomy: Used as a pulpotomy medicament to control pulpal bleeding in vital pulp therapy
- As an antibacterial agent: It not only exhibites hemostatic action but also has antimicrobial activity. Antibacterial efficacy of it is similar to 0.2% chlorhexidine.
- During restorative procedures: One of the most common chemical hemostatic reagents used in the restorative dentistry.
For gingival displacement in prosthodontics: It can be used for tissue displacement along with retraction cord while recording impression.
- Management of postextraction hemorrhage: Not widely used to control postextraction hemorrhage; however, it may offer assistance with mucosal tears or uncontrolled postextraction hemorrhage in gingival tissues
- As hemostatic agent used in periradicular and endodontic surgery: Control of bleeding during any surgical procedure is imperative and can be achieved by practical and effective systemic or topical approaches.
- As a 20% solution, Ferric Sulphate is a coagulative and hemostatic agent which forms ferric ion-protein complex on contact with blood.
- It seals the damaged vessels mechanically, thus producing hemostasis, and the capillary orifices are occluded by the agglutinated protein complex, which prevents blood clot formation.
- It causes a local and reversible inflammatory response to the oral soft tissues.
- The recommended application time is 1–3 min and should be placed directly against the damaged tissue due to its quick action.
- Solutions of Ferric Sulphate above 20% are highly acidic and may cause considerable tissue irritation and postoperative root sensitivity.
- 1 x 3 ml Syringe