3M Unitek Gemini Self Ligating Metal Bracket MBT- 022 5x5
Unitek™ Gemini SL Self-Ligating Brackets provide a simple solution to passive self-ligation.
Unitek™ Gemini SL Self-Ligating Brackets offer the simplicity of a passive door self-ligating appliance. An advanced Nitinol ligating mechanism provides low resistance to door opening and closing, without using special techniques or instruments. Nitinol also offers the advantage of high resistance to unwanted mechanism fatigue, which can affect door operation and bracket performance during treatment.
Passive self-ligating Unitek Gemini SL brackets feature reduced friction for treatment efficiency, but you can also utilize the benefits of tie-wings, which permit active control with ligatures when you need it. The bracket’s smooth finish and rounded profile offer improved patient comfort. Discover the advantages of Unitek Gemini SL brackets for your practice.
- Rounded-Shape Corners for improved patient comfort. The corners and ligating mechanism feature the same buccal curvature as the bracket body.
- Nitinol Ligating Mechanism features elasticity and high resistance to fatigue during treatment
- Easy Ligation with enough space under the tie-wing area for conventional or chain elastics if needed.
- Integral Hook with simple versatile design.
- 80 Gauge Mesh Base for better adhesive coverage to increase bonding retention.
- Torque in Base for precision, control, and easy bracket positioning.
- Compound Curvature Base allowing for accurate bracket fit.
- The passive bracket closing mechanism does not touch the ground and rectangular archwire for reduced friction.
- Door design with an incisal / occlusal opening system promotes efficient ligation because the ligating mechanism does not open spontaneously during treatment.
- Nitinol ligating mechanism has a high resistance to fatigue during the opening and closing of the ligating mechanism to maintain product integrity during treatment.
- Because the bracket design allows for ligation, the bracket can be active or passive depending on treatment needs.
- The rhomboid shape provides a reference for efficient bracket positioning.