3M ESPE KETAC MOLAR GLASS IONOMER CEMENT
For decades, 3M ESPE has been the trailblazer in the glass ionomer success story.Just like you as a dentist, we see a real need for differentiated therapy. Thus, glass ionomers are only part of our comprehensive product offering.It's true that they don’t represent a universally applicable restoration material, but they provide excellent results with little effort for many indications.
- Single-surface fillings in posterior areas.
- Core build-ups Primary teeth fillings (as amalgam substitute).
- Cervical fillings in posterior region Minimally Invasive Dentistry (MID) Base material for single- and multiple-surface composite fillings.
- High flexural strength,reduces the risk of restoration fracture.
- Adhesion to enamel and dentin.
- Long-term fluoride release.
- Low acid erosion.
COMPOSITION OF GIC -
1. Powder -
- Silica - 41.9%
- Alumina - 28.6 %
- Almunium flouride - 1.6%
- Calcium flouride - 15.7%
- Sodium flouride - 9.3%
- Almunium Phosphate - 3.8 %
2. Liquid -
- Polyacrylic acid - 35%
- Tartaric Acid - 5-15 %
- 1 x 15 gm Powder
- 1 x 7.8 ml Liquid
- 1 x Mixing Pad
- 1 x Plastic Scoop
HOW TO USE ?
- Take powder liquid ratio 3:1
- Must be mixed within 45 sec.
- Use a polymer paper mixing pad for mixing the powder and liquid.
- Mix over a large area with a plastic spatula.
- Isolate the cavity.
- Apply calcium hydroxide liner.
- Condition the cavity wall properly.
- Bulk insertion of GIC.
- Complete it by doing Finishing and Polishing.
- Dispense the liquid just before mixing.
- Reseal the bottle immediately.
- Discard the last third of the liquid.