3m espe filtek z350 xt universal restorative syringe kit with single bond universal adhesive
Filtek Z350 XT is a dental restorative composite designed for use in anterior and posterior restorations.The kit of restoratives are available in Dentin, Body, Enamel and Translucent shades packaged in syringes and single-dose capsules. All shades are radiopaque. A dental adhesive, part of the kit, is used to permanently bond the restoration to the tooth structure.
- Filtek Z350 XT restorative dental kit has bonded nanofillers help retain its brilliant polish.
- In-vitro lab data has shown that the wear resistance of restoration.
- A clinical study consucted for a duration of 5 years has revealed that statistically there is no significant difference between Filtek Z350 XT Universal Restorative and natural enamel.
- The restoration maintains a smoother surface, meaning the initial impressive gloss will last for years due to the creation of unique clusters of nanometer-sized particles.
- The resin system is slightly modified from the original Filtek Z250 Universal Restorative and Filtek Supreme Universal Restorative resin.
- The resin contains bis-GMA, UDMA, TEGDMA, and bis-EMA(6) resins.
- To moderate the shrinkage, PEGDMA has been substituted for a portion of the TEGDMA resin in Filtek Supreme XT restorative.
- The fillers are a combination of non agglomerated/non-aggregated 20 nm silica filler, non- agglomerated/non-aggregated 4 to 11 nm zirconia filler, and aggregated zirconia/ silica cluster filler (comprised of 20 nm silica and4 to 11 nm zirconia particles).
- A visible light-activated composite
- The restorative is available in a wide variety of Dentin, Body, Enamel and Translucent shades.
- Can be used for direct anterior and posterior restorations (including occlusal surfaces)
- Low-viscosity, radio-opaque flowable nanocomposite
- Filtek Z350 XT Flowable uses the same unique nanotechnology as Filtek Z350 XT Universal dental restorative products which provides excellent aesthetics, unsurpassed polish retention and low wear
The Dentin, Enamel and Body (DEB) shades have an average cluster particle size of 0.6 to 10 microns. The Translucent (T) shades have an average cluster particle size of 0.6 to 20 microns.
Difference between various types of composites
|Particle size||0.01 to 0.1 µm (agglomerated)||1- 0.1- to 2-µm glass||1- 0.1- to 2-µm glass or resin micro particles|
|2- 40-nm silica||2- ≤100-nm nanoparticles|
|Clinical use||Sub gingival lesions||w.r.t (1) Moderate-stress areas requiring optimal polishability (Classes III, IV)||Wrt (1) Moderate-stress areas requiring optimal Polishability|
|Smooth surfaces||w.r.t (2) (Classes III, IV)|
|Advantages||Simulates actual enamel surface||Simulate the dentin of natural tooth structure.||exhibit higher polishability|
|Highest aesthetic level||Higher strength can be used as substructure under microfills enamel layer.||better surface smoothness|
|Better wear properties than any other||Most Opaque of the 3 composite types, also great for masking out unwanted color and achieving extreme color changes.||lifelike opacious translucency|
|High luster and hold their polish over time|
|Stain and plaque resistant|
|Highest reflective and refractive indices hence more realistic translucency|
|Disadvantages||Less strength than micro and nanohybrid||Less polishable||donot hold their polish long as microfills but better than microhybrids|
|Dec. water sorption||More difficult to marginate, and will wear faster than microfill resins.||More susceptible to plaque and staining over time.|
|Less biological compatible with gingival tissues|
|Indications||Class III & calss V||Anterior and posterior restorations||posterior restorations|
|Can be used to fill the bulk of the tooth||veneering manidbular anteriors|
|building up incisal edges|
|class IV restoration|
|increasing cuspid rise|
|when the doctor wants to use only one material|
IN THE BOX:-
- Filtek Z350 XT Body Shade Syringe x 4g syringes (A1 A2 A3 A3.5)
- 1 x 2g Flowable Restorative Paste
- 1x 3 ml Single Bond Universal bottle.(7th Generation Bond)
HOW TO USE ?
Step 1 - Proper preparation technique for each procedure.
Step 2- Method of material placement—this involves complete understanding of tooth morphology and the sculpting techniques necessary to achieve it.
Step 3- Knowledge of layering and how to use various materials in combination—this will enhance the overall physical, aesthetic, and biologic results of each procedure (ie, when to use microhybrid, nano-fill, microfill, tints, and opaquers).
Step 4- Utilizing the proper finishing and polishing techniques—this will achieve the most lustrous, plaque- resistant, stain-resistant, and wear-resistant finished result.
Step 5- One must understand when and how to use finishing burs, discs, rubber impregnated points, and polishing paste to obtain the desired result.
1. What is the difference between Filtek Supreme XT Universal Restorative and Filtek Z350 XT restorative?
There have been improvements made in the filler processing and pigments to provide better polish retention, improved fluorescence and Filtek Supreme XT-like handling for all opacities, including translucent.
2.What are the translucency and opacity characteristics of the material?
Less opacious than microhybrids, nonetheless posess lifelife opacious translucency.
3. When finished properly, are the composite and gingival tissues biocompatible?
Microfills are the most biocompatible as compared to nano and microhybrid.
4. What material has adequate strength for the purpose of use?
Microhybrids posess higher strength than nanohybrids.
5. What material is more wear resistant?
Among all 3 types of composites resin materials, microfills are the most wear resistant
6. The system is too complicated for me. Most of the time I use only 1 shade in my restorations.
The Filtek Z350 XT Universal Restorative system is designed to be flexible to meet the needs of every dentist. While there are four opacities available, dentists using only one shade in a restoration can use the Body shades. Use of all opacities in this system is not required but optional.
7. Is the finished product stable over time (15 to 20 years) or how strong is the restoration?
Although, nanohybrids show higher strength, it equally depends on dentist’s technical ability.
8. The Translucent shades are very transparent. Tooth structure is not. Where can I use this type of material?
The Translucent shades can be used either internally or externally in a restoration.These materials can be used to accentuate the recreated dentin mamelons and maximize translucency of an incisal edge. In addition, they can be used as a very thin layer over the surface of the restoration to take advantage of their excellent polish retention.